Not the Methropolitan Police!
If you happen to be a scambaiter like I am, from time to time the scammer gets a bit annoyed at you for no reason. Well, at least in your opinion ;)
A while ago, I sent an email to a couple of scammers (couple thousand, that is), saying that I had received "their" check for a large amount of money. Well, one scammer sent back to me information to send the money via Western Union. However, I didn't reply to them, so they sent this email two days later -
HELO,
I WAS WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU BUT DID NOT GET YOUR RESPONSE.I WANT TO BE REST ASSURED YOU HAVE SEND THE MONEY AS I INSTRCUTED TO.BUT AM YET TO RECEIVE THE NEEDED INFO FOR EASY PICK AT THE LOCATION WHERE I ASK YOU TO SEND IT TO.....PLEASE GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...COS AM REALLY WORRIED.ONCE AGAIN I WANT YOU TO SEND IT VIA WESTERN UNION ON THIS SAME INFO:
RECEIVER'S NAME: MRS VIVIAN ADENIYI
RECIEVERS LOCATION: {snip}
TEST QUESTION: WHO IS GREATER?
TEST ANSWER: GOD.
AMOUNT SENT:
I WANT YOU TO GET THE MONEY SLITTED INTO TWO(2) AND ON THE SAME INFO FOR EASY SENDING .UPON SENDING YOU WILL HAVE 2 MTCN NUMBER THAT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU...ALSO STATES EACH AMOUNT SEND....I WAIT TO HEARING FROM YOU...COS AM REALLY WORRIED.....
The next day, after not replying again to that email, comes this mail titled BE WARNED.......
I HAVE JUST EMAIL TO TELL YOU I WILL BE CALLING THE METHROPOLITAN POLICE HEADQUATERS TOMMORROW IF YOU REFUSE TO GET INTOUCH WITH ME TODAY.....I HAVE TRUSTED YOU BUT I NEVER KNEW THINGS WILL GO THIS WAY.SHOULD YOU REFUSE TO SEND MY MONEY AS INSTRUCTED TO,I WILL CALL THE METHROPOLITAN POLICE FIRST THING TOMMORROW MORNING ....
Now, of course, when you're threatened with the Methropolitan Police, that will certainly be a call to action. Nope. ;)
I didn't reply to that mail either, and got this message the next day.
Subject: THE POLICE NOW HAVE YOUR INFORMATIONS.................
JUST TO TELL YOU WILL BE CAUGHT VERY SOON....THE POLICE NOW HAVE ALL YOUR INFORMATION......THEY WILL DEFINATELY GET RID OF YOU SOONEST.......
Hmm...and yet for some reason, I'm still around here, not having seen the inside of a methropolitan jail. I must be one lucky devil. ;)
Of course, the scammers never actually go to the police either :P








0 comments:
Post a Comment